Collector Bookstore is a retailer of new books located in Leavenworth, Kansas. We specialize in price guides and reference books for the antiques and collectibles industry.
Table of Contents
"Why Not Retire on Your Art Investments?"
Art is not only about aesthetics; it's also about economics, and this book is about how to make money investing in art. This book is your complete reference for finding, researching, appraising, buying, and selling valuable paintings. It's packed with Web sites, telephone numbers, and industry contacts. Whether you're a serious art collector, investor, or dealer, or a weekend hobbyist who goes to every garage sale in town, you will refer to this book again and again.
You will discover how easy it is to:
- Find valuable paintings and know which ones to buy and which ones to walk away from.
- Develop a stable of pickers and dealers who bring you valuable art to buy.
- Develop an art investment strategy, and know when to buy and when to sell.
- Form an art investment club, travel, research, and study paintings with friends.
- Raise money, bring in partners, and structure art deals.
- Use dealer's tricks and techniques to bargain and negotiate like a pro.
- Develop lists of collectors, investors, and dealers who want to buy your paintings.
- Use Internet databases, price guides, and reference tools to research and appraise paintings.
- Learn insider techniques for working with galleries, auction rooms, and dealers.
- Travel the world free buying American art abroad.
"A must read for art investors, art museum directors, aspiring and developing collectors. Davis pilots you through the choppy conflicting currents of the fickle art market."
-- Ted Weeks M.A. (I.F.A.) Art Historian
Former Curator Birmingham Museum of Art (AL)
"Take this book wherever you go. Refer to it before buying or selling a valuable painting, before bidding at auction, and before entering into an art transaction. An excellent reference guide!"
-- Dr. Arnie Landsman
Conservator and Art Appraiser, ASA