Collector Bookstore is a retailer of new books located in Leavenworth, Kansas. We specialize in price guides and reference books for the antiques and collectibles industry.
Table of Contents
You'll love this if...
- You want to put your research of European ancestors in geographic context
- You want a reference to better understand European geography
- You need help sorting through border changes and locating where your family came from
- You enjoy looking at old maps
From Ireland to Italy, Portugal to Poland, Germany to Greece, and everywhere in between, explore your ancestors' European homelands through gorgeous reproductions of 18th-century maps, 19th-century maps and early 20th-century maps. More than 200 full-color historical maps, covering the peak years of European immigration to America, will help you understand changing boundaries in ancestral countries, and inform your search for genealogical records.
The Family Tree Historical Maps Book: Europe is an indispensable reference tool for European genealogy. Use this country-by-country atlas to put your ancestral origins in geographic context, unravel the European boundary changes that frequently trip up genealogists, brush up on key events in the history of your ancestors' country, become familiar with its administrative divisions, and time travel across the continent!
The Family Tree Historical Maps Book: Europe features:
- Historical maps of the European continent showing how national borders evolved during the 1700s, 1800s and early 1900s, when most genealogists' European ancestors immigrated to America Detailed country maps illustrating key geographical units--provinces, counties, regions, cities and more Time lines of important events in each country's history Lists of administrative divisions by country for easy reference A complete index listing the title and online source of each map, so you can view maps of interest in greater detail Hardcover binding that will stand up to frequent use
BONUS DOWNLOAD: An expanded PDF guide to administrative divisions is included with your purchase! The download link is provided in the book and in your purchase confirmation.
At 10.5 inches wide by 11.75 inches tall, the handsomely designed Family Tree Historical Maps Book: Europe is equally at home on your genealogy bookshelf or on your coffee table. It's an excellent value compared to general hardcover reference atlases and, best of all, it's designed especially for genealogists!
- Europe maps and timeline
- Ireland maps and timeline
- Scotland maps and timeline
- England and Wales maps and timeline
- Spain and Portugal maps and timeline
- France maps and timeline
- Italy maps and timeline
- Benelux maps and timeline:Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg
- Scandinavia maps and timeline: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland
- Germany and Switzerland maps and timeline
- Austria and Hungary maps and timeline
- Czech Republic and Slovakia maps and timeline
- Romania and Bulgaria maps and timeline
- Balkan States maps and timeline: Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania
- Greece maps and timeline
- Poland maps and timeline
- Russian Empire and Baltics maps and timeline: Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine
- Appendix: Administrative Divisions (organized alphabetically by country)
- Index of Maps