Collector Bookstore is a retailer of new books located in Leavenworth, Kansas. We specialize in price guides and reference books for the antiques and collectibles industry.
Collector Bookstore Quick Notes:
Seligson's Complete Guide to Fostoria American is considered the definitive authority among collectors. This is a full sized reference book. Additionally, The Pocket Value Guide is a small, up-to-date price reference you can tuck into your pocket or purse for auctions or shows. Both volumes are included with this set.
Publishers Full Description:
This newest edition, written by the late Sidney P. Seligson, is chock full of pictures and information on the 400+ pieces comprising the Fostoria American line (including the contract British Jobling pieces), it's current re-releases, plus look-alikes from Indiana Glass Company and Jeannette Glass Company.
Also featured are:
- A chapter on color with 34 examples
- Fostoria's American Lady pattern
- Close-ups of certain Fostoria American pieces that are often confused
- Examples of severe and normal grinding on piece bottoms
- Mystery pieces
- Small cube pieces
- Seligson's unique numbering system (which is often used for piece identification at auctions)
- Piece rarity ranking system
- A current price guide
- ... as well as tons of need-to-know pointers not found in any other book on the subject.
This is a great for inventory documentation, insurance and just plain collecting. You'll be glad you bought this one!
If you are not already an expert on Fostoria American, this book, written with both collectors and dealers in mind, will definitely make you one.
Between its quality hardbound covers you'll find:
- 117 enameled paper pages of information that you will not find in any other book either in print or out of print
- Updated All 426 known pieces of Fostoria American individually photographed and numbered according to size and type
- 576 Black and White Photographs
- 37 Color Photographs
- Updated Price Guide
- Rarity Ranking (You won't find this in any other book)
- Alphabetical, Categorical, and Numerical Listings
- Unique Index which lists all the same pieces with the same information for more convenience
- Cross Reference Piece Numbers in the narrative margins for quick reference.
- Identification of loose lids and stoppers
- All Piece Variations listed in order
- Mold Shapes and Related Shapes which help you To distinguish the rare piece from the common
- Updated All the Sets listed with components and photographs
- Updated Narrative Information you need to know about certain pieces that you cannot see in a photo or find in a book
- Chapter on the Golden Period and the look-a-like patterns
- Updated Chapter on color with 34 different individual color sample piece photographs
- Chapter on the English and other connections
- Chapter on special interest items and advanced collecting
- Chapter on American Lady with individual photographs including all three color photographs and pricing
- Chapter on Jeannette Cubist with individual photos (including items not shown in any other book)
- Chapter on Indiana Glass American Whitehall with individual photographs
- Chapter on Home Interiors with individual photographs
- New Chapter on Small Cube Pieces
- New Chapter called Newsletter-We describe it as informative musings by Sidney Seligson
- New Chapter on Details-an in depth identifying tool for certain pieces you already know
- New Chapter regarding Mystery Pieces
- Contains a list of all pieces Fostoria American is currently rereleasing.
This 4" x 6", 80+ page, pocket-sized book contains 427 piece names organized according to Seligson's proprietary numbering system, current suggested retail values, and an extensive, categorized index that can be used with both the Pocket Value Guide as well as Fostoria American A Complete Guide. Price guide is copyright 2009.